Dual Operation VSS Switch HD Optic - 12/24V - 500A
This Voltage Sensitive Switch (VSS) automatically senses connected battery bank voltage and provides optimal, efficient charging of the second bank. The VSS allows for independent battery banks to be combined or isolated based on the presence of a charging source (such as an engine alternator or battery charger), while also offering remotely activated, high current, emergency parallel connection.
Designed and constructed for longevity in the marine environment with tinned copper conductors, stainless steel nuts, and high temperature, fibre reinforced plastics. The units are ignition protected, provide On/Off switching operation, and may be recessed or surface mounted.
The remote emergency parallel function can be operated through a momentary button on the dash which will parallel the batteries for 10 minutes. Once this 10 minutes has passed, if the voltage is high enough, the voltage sensitive switch will stay engaged. If not, it will disengage.
- Dual battery sensing
- Manual override option
- Dual 12/24 volt operation (both banks must be same voltage)
- Low power consumption (<6mA)
- Lowered cut in voltage (13.3/26.6V) suits low output alternators and high temperature environments
- Volts - 12/24V
- Rating - 500A
- Dimensions (L x W x H) - 4" x 4" x 4.3"
In the Box:
- Parallel Switch
- Instruction manual
*Sold as an Individual
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (dehp) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Lockable: No
- Positions: 2
- Continuous Amperage: 500
- Box Dimensions: 4"H x 4"W x 5"L WT: 1.1 lbs
- UPC: 843687004783
Owner's Manual (pdf)
-All orders are processed within the next 1-2 business day(s).
- If you placed your order over the weekend it would be processed on the next following business day (ie. Friday orders will be processed on Monday)